View Single Post
Old 11.12.2010, 11:11 PM   #15
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

ann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's asses
HATED is definitely worth watching. As a biography covering the life of GG, it falls a wee bit short. However, it does serve as a very clear window looking into the lifestyle lived by Mr. Allin shortly before he kicked the can. Must admit, my favorite part was Dee Dee's brief appearance discussing his brief experience as a member of the band.

I've talked a bit about GG here in the past, and my opinion(s) on him are still more or less the same. I seldom listen to him these days, but there was a time during my later teens to where I spent countless hours listening to his music. It sounded dangerous for danger's sake, violent for violence's sake, gross of gross' sake. I could appreciate that, as there was, on the surface, little for me to consider about the actual music. Just in your face/fucked up/primitive rock n roll. I remember diggin' the fact that it was so, seemingly, anti-intellectual. A nice little breather spent away from all the Sonic Youth I'd spent devouring over some of years prior.

After spending some time researching GG, though, I began to figure him out, or at least, form opinions on him that went beyond his music. His earlier tunes recorded with The Jabbers, while still a bit gross, didn't sound nearly as anger-driven as virtually all of his later material. I think he grew bitter once his girly ran off on him, taking his daughter. Seems, to me, he more or less said "fuck everything" and quite literally became all the excesses of rock n roll. A total drunken, junked out, animalistic whore-hound.

Still one of my favorite iconic figures to come about within the scheme of punk rock.

Was fortunate enough to meet all the remaining Murder Junkies last year.They were playing a show in town (one I unfortunately did not get to attend), but was fortunate enough to know the guy (a good friend of mine, Mondo, who may be doing some vocals on their next record) who promoted and booked the show. At the time he was living in the same apartment building as me, and the Junkies camped out in his place...so I got to hang out with them for a bit. Fun stuff.

Moi w/ the Junkies