View Single Post
Old 09.13.2009, 12:06 AM   #65
DeadDiscoDildo
invito al cielo

DeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
I think Tallis is a perfectly relevant example. It's just coincidental that I heard about him through my interest in The Beatles and, more specifically, Macca. He was the one who talked about how he got into Tallis through Vaughan Williams, and so on. It's clear that the Beatles influenced Sonic Youth but that there were certain aspects of them that understandably had no impact at all. So even given The Beatles significance within popular music, Tallis is an example of how they've never been influencial in their entirety. The Tallis thing is far more likely to be of relevance to fans other band's influenced by other aspects of The Beatles - say Radiohead.

Something I find quite interesting about the Beatles' shadow of influence is that you can get three bands: Sonic Youth, Radiohead and Oasis. All of them have been influenced by The Beatles in a very direct way and yet they're all very different from one another, clearly picking up on very different aspects within the same band. Compare that with bands that've been influenced by The Stones or Led Zeppelin who tend to all sound rather alike in that they generally all pick up on the same things. That doesn't happen anywhere near as much with The Beatles.

Not a major point, just saying.

Actually, this is a major point. & fuck anyone who doesn't get it.

Just saying.
DeadDiscoDildo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|