Thread: isis split
View Single Post
Old 05.21.2010, 05:09 AM   #26
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Anyway, back to Isis..

First time I heard them was back in 1999, a local record store had this comp.. http://rateyourmusic.com/release/com..._business//buy

for FREE up front. I think I bought Mindless Self Indulgence's "tight" or something ridiculous at the time and ended up getting this and taking it home and Drowningman, Cave In, The Gersch, and a few others really struck me.

But the track that really stood out was Isis' "Poison Eggs", great track, I bought Celestial when it came out next year and it just blew my mind, this is back when I was getting into Dillinger Escape Plan and all that super technical shit, and it was refreshing, because it was still quite technical -- just heavy and slower, lots of room to breathe, subtle and depressing, and INTELLIGENT. Really well-thought stuff.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|