View Single Post
Old 05.22.2007, 12:14 PM   #56
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
nic fit got it right, i'm talking about bands that are otherwise "good" within the of what is vaguely recognised as the indie rock scene. what i want to know is why these bands think it's ok to have a dreadful singer when they wouldn't stand for equally inept intrument playing?

corin tucker can't hold a note to save her life, her voice wavers all over the place.
the guy from galaxie 500 sounds like a spastic playing a violin
and the guy from unwound sounds like a bored & whining child

imagine if one of the band members ability with an instrument was markedly worse than the others and yet they were given a prominent role within the band, it would sound preposterous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbradley
I was replying to "indie" as in independently released and how people use the fact as a distinguisher from major released bands. It's lame.

stop being hoity-toity and pedantic, the "debate" about what "indie" means is as old as the hills and excruciatingly boring.
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|