View Single Post
Old 02.12.2008, 12:59 PM   #39
adjectives-ex
bad moon rising

adjectives-ex kicks all y'all's assesadjectives-ex kicks all y'all's assesadjectives-ex kicks all y'all's assesadjectives-ex kicks all y'all's assesadjectives-ex kicks all y'all's assesadjectives-ex kicks all y'all's assesadjectives-ex kicks all y'all's assesadjectives-ex kicks all y'all's assesadjectives-ex kicks all y'all's assesadjectives-ex kicks all y'all's assesadjectives-ex kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenStagecoach
Which ones have you read?

I don't know if i have time to say all that i have read and i don't want to go to my book shelf and list them all. but i have read Ubik and Time out of Joint like you did. (lol, though i haven't heard Time out of Mind, so i might check that out). I really liked Ubik and especially Time out of Joint. Which copy do you have (or have you read)? I have the second printing of the Carroll and Graf Edition. the afterword was written by Lou Stathis and is really interesting.

went to look at what i have:
Second Variety and other classic stories by PKD.
Three Stigmata of Palmer Eldritch
We Can Build You
Martian Time-slip
Ubik
The Transmigration of Timothy Archer [one of my favorites]
The Man in the High Castle
The Divine Invasion
VALIS
A scanner Darkly
Paycheck and other classic stories by PKD

I have also read Radio Free Albemuth, but I don't own it. A Scanner Darkly was probably my least favorite, but after seeing the movie a few times and reading a bit about PKD's life, i like it a lot more.
also on the suggestion of others, i have recently read The Difference Machine and Pattern Recognition by Gibson. love those. The Difference Machine was co-authored with a guy named Bruce Sterling. does anybody know his stuff? the cover says that he wrote, "Holy Fire".

s.
adjectives-ex is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|