View Single Post
Old 12.02.2013, 10:01 AM   #17643
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!

THE BIG HEAT - this was pretty great and i didn't know it was directed by fritz lang. some very fritz-langy shots but actually great performances by the cast including a donkey-looking young lee marvin and a fantastic gloria grahame-- not a great beauty but she delivers awesome line after awesome line. was this the last "official" film noir? it's from 1953, pretty late for this type of movie, which confused me at first (though some characters make a point of highlighting that-- "this country is changing").

Spot on. One of my all-time faves. Fritz Lang at his most pissed off. Gloria Grahame steals it for me. "Neat. Early nothing." The scenes with her after she's been disfigured are about as noir as noir gets. Although Kiss Me Deadly was 1955 so it isn't the last - although personally I think it's the best.

Quote:
loved the fred flinstone steak.

I always laugh at that bit. Did you know the actress playing the wife was Marlon Brando's sister?

Another bit of trivia, the scene at the end of Mean Streets when Harvey Keitel gets killed, the guy in his apartment is watching the wife's death scene in The Big Heat.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|