View Single Post
Old 09.01.2017, 11:03 AM   #40882
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
good! never trust the internet. it's mostly a bunch of dicks. they're your friend one day and the next one they wanna put a pitchfork up your ass.

priests in history have been pressure to break the... what's it called... confessional seal? something. and when they resisted...

see here, quick google: http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/ne...fession-44847/

Oh yah ok, I gotcha. I just didn't know what you meant. It wasn't clear to me that you were talking about priests breaking the seal. I was thinking militant Protestant reformation shit, like people being jailed or something for trying to confess? "No quick-stepping into heaven!!" Haha. See, I really just didn't know what you were saying. Sorry.

Quote:
so, re: "sharing" like a 12-stepper, i know it's supposed to be therapeutic and all, so im not saying you're a terrible man for writing down your confessions in a public forum, but im just saying... only give your secrets to those you trust. they're not for everyone to examine, in spite of what jerry springer made the culture believe.

i keep a lot of secrets in my head, mine and other people's. mine are mine, and the other people's aren't mine to share so they don't leave this vault. they were given to me alone and i honor that.

okay but here a funny story: one time i was fucking this guy's wife and the guy showed up unexpected and i came out in my shorts and i was fucking nervous cuz i knew where he kept the shotguns. then i witnessed the weirdest marriage discussion i've ever witnessed. but im not fucking saying because that's not my story, i was just in the middle, not believing my eyes and ears.

for many years i wanted to be a writer but i'm never gonna be a writer, i know. i just hate to gossip/ spill the beans/ "share". cuz most people... are jackals ha ha ha. and they will eat your soul. but seriously. even non-jackals will turn into jackals when prompted. a nice bunch of people will turn into a jackal horde at the drop of a hat. yes, like your batman movie. i have little faith in the human species. fucking apes! anyway... best luck with all that.

I'm pretty much in full agreement with you on this. You're right.

Not just the internet... though it's definitely the internet, and I'm guarded as fuck about certain things because I have been fucked wth before in a scary and serious way (as I think I've told you). But it's just life. People are untrustworthy. I live in a mostly-rural area for the first time ever, and it's even worse in these little places. You really have to watch your fucking ass, because people are bored and people are awful and they'll fuck with your life if you piss them off.

I've always wanted to be a writer too. Like, an author... but I'm too fucking private. I'd have todo it under an alias and not tell anyone I know.

Also, I think 12-step is culturally self-indulgent, self-congratulatory, restrictive, reductive, and potentially dangerous. When it comes to addiction issues at least. You're just arming people against you, and backing yourself into a corner when you buy into that shit completely. I've seen it mess a lot of people up. It also strikes me as scientifically unsound. It's like a social quarantine model for dealing with these complicated personal issues. Quarantines may help the people outside the bubble, but the disease just spreads and reproduces and evolves inside the bubble, and the people who are actually quarantined are usually fucked. (The "disease" analogy is incidental here. I personally think almost all addiction issues are a result of bad luck and obsessive compulsive tendencies. Bad luck being, like, getting into a car accident and needing morphine for a while. If someone has symptoms of an anxiety disorder like obsessive or compulsive thought/behavior, that morphine might become a problem really goddamn fast. Faster than it would for someone without those characteristics. But really, if you give ANYONE morphine every day for a week, they're going to have an issue when you take it away. I just think some people are primed biochemically to be shittier at dealing with the problem. I do not think addiction itself is a true "disease." But what do I know.)

Nah. I have no interest in pursuing 12-steppy shit.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|