View Single Post
Old 01.29.2014, 10:57 AM   #305
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
I feel bad for Flacco. Kubiak will drive him to mediocrity.

Initially that was my concern, but then I realized, DUH, Kubiak wasn't mediocre, that was all Schaub! If anything, I discovered Ravens were thinking quite the opposite, that instead of bringing Flacco down that looking at Kubiak's history with admittedly mediocre at best QBs will translate into a better Flacco. After all, Flacco gets a bad rap because he isn't a stat padding QB, but the guy is far from mediocre with 10-4 playoffs record and SB/SB MVP..

ESPN points out:

Quote:
Why? Just look at his track record with quarterbacks:

In 2000, Brian Griese led the NFL with a 102.9 passer rating.

In 2004, Jake Plummer ranked fourth in the league with 4,089 yards passing, one more than Brett Favre.

In 2009, Matt Schaub led the NFL in passing with 4,770 yards.

If Schaub can throw for nearly 5000 yards and Plummer can beat out Favre in Kubiak system than Flacco can MOST DEFINITELY improve, period! I'm not a fan, but I will admit that Kubiak has made some great lemonade in his career working with mediocre QBs, and while Flacco gets a bad rap because of his streaky stats, the guy is good, in fact, the second most clutch (i.e. game winning drives in 4th qtr) QB behind Tom Brady since 2008 in come from behind wins.
Also, Ravens need to seriously resurrect the run game, and Kubiak did very well scheming for Arian Foster, Ravens are confident that he can similarly boost up a recovering Ray Rice, plus he is familiar with our back up Vonta Leach.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|