View Single Post
Old 12.20.2009, 06:14 AM   #69
afterthefact
invito al cielo

afterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's asses
"The revolution will be televised!"

Don't get me wrong, I don't think RATM ever had a chance at overthrowing the government. But I think they (and by they, I really just mean Zach De La Rocha) wanted to. And for a little while, and I am talking just a short little while, they may have had enough fans to do it. Unfortunately their fans tended not to be the guerilla-warior minutemen type they had hoped for, but instead a bunch of middle-school aged potheads. But if you were a band and you had the high aspirations of a D.C. mutiny, you would know that you would need more than just the hype at your local indie record store to build your army. So they were signed to Sony; they used that though to their advantage to get more people to believe in their message, however ridiculous the message may have been. Being signed to a major record label didn't kill the dream. What killed it was the fact that the band, besides Zach, lost interest and didn't care anymore and just wanted to play music (you might be able to say they were audio slaves? lol hahaha j/k), and that, as already mentioned, their fan base consisted of a bunch of stoners that were never really going to do anything.
afterthefact is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|