View Single Post
Old 01.18.2008, 12:58 PM   #111
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
I don't pretend to know what Eternity is, but one thing is clear to myself. And that one thing is that Eternity was the state of our universe before the Big Bang and will once again be the "state" of the universe after the Big Crunch. As for the now, it's a very mystical enterprise haha, but as the poets remind, eternity is in every moment.
Using mathematics, one can endlessly bisect one second of time forever. Let's look at an analogy involving geometry. Imagine a line with a point A and point B. If a team of researchers decided to keep splitting the distance from point A to a new point halfway inbetween A and B, they could pass this task down to endless generations, and still never reach point A.

As to God, the unconscious, which, as I already proffered, knows everything, is the wellspring that has been tapped into for our entire history that has produced art and science, and our cultures. True art has a certain "aesthetic" (a word, which like all these other concepts, is nearly impossible to fully define), and is more than simply a sum of its parts and processes. Fine art or sound science have a visionary aspect. Essentially, poo-pooing God is like taking a big shit on Art.
And although it's certainly true that a lot of bad art (most "art") comes from the contrivances of the human ego, Art finds its origins in the degree of connectiveness to the unconscious (both individual and collective), to natural law, to God.
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|