View Single Post
Old 12.18.2006, 02:08 PM   #9
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by finding nobody
Im happy to hear she's sober. Im curious to hear her first sober album

Yeah, right...so many sober people live in South Beach in Miami.

Please, finding nobody, after all, you live in Florida yourself.

First, there's articles about her being an alcoholic (a well-worn media ephemism for any number of celebrity cross-addictions) as a plausible reason why she rivals the infamous Sly Stone in missing gigs and so on, then we hear about how she was gonna kill herself, and now she's "getting sober." If she truly is bringing herself back from the brink of the abyss then I'm happy for her, but, nonetheless, all signs do point to making any reasonable person's bullshit detector sound loudly.

She looked very geeked during her last televised performance on Conan a few weeks ago. Told ya she was a coke/crack head. At the very least she's an MDMA abuser/boozehound.

I'm very disillusioned with Chan for her involvement with the De Beers corporation and consider it a red flag, red herring or otherwise significant circumstance in both her life and musical career. I'm not as angry as I am very concerned about what drove her to such a horrid choice as a platform for her music and a payday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPODOUc8TRI

It's also disillusioning that after repeated postings of this information that I've never received even one iota of feedback here regarding these recent and very troubling Cat Power developments. Obviously, no one here cares due to a combination of two reasons: ignorance and apathy.

I mean...why get the fucking cart before the horse?
So many of you feel so strongly about animal rights, why not feel some outrage over human rights abuses?
At the very least, express that you are also very worried about Chan and the choices she is making.

To be clear, I don't care how many drugs she does; as long as her abuse is not immediately life-threatening, I see no problem, but rather just a personal choice. Just don't talk out of the side of your neck about not doing them if you are going to do them. And for the love of God, do not ever partner with historically genocidal multinational corporations.
She did a commercial for De Beers!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPODOUc8TRI

Something is not right about that. She needs money too bad for expensive habits to keep up with the extremely wealthy Joneses of South Beach...end of story.
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|