View Single Post
Old 06.22.2017, 12:26 PM   #308
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
dude, it's not the $50 it would cost me to buy 7 volumes. It's the time it would take me to read them.

You must know me well enough by now to see that I don't make plans on how I consume media. I let the wind blow me where ever it wants me to go. I don't listen to the big new release by the big artist that I love... if my ears aren't in the mood for that genre.

I know myself and my habits. I have limited time to read comics each week. And enjoy buying issues each week. Even if the 7 volumes of Saga were free, the chance of me just stopping those reading habits which make me happy and going and reading 7 volumes of something that - sure everyone says is great, but I don't even know if I'm in the mood to read right now - is beyond unlikely.

SO this is what I do. I make a list each week of the new comics I want. If it doesn't seem like enough for the week, then I'll grab a few other things of lesser interest. This week Saga 43 happened to be a quarter and you were JUST hyping the series. So I grabbed it.

Again, knowing me and my tastes and my habits - I grabbed it out of respect for your suggestion. The chance of me even attempting to read Saga* just went up because of this issue.

*The chance was a lot lower before. I know everyone talks about how great it is. And I'm sure it is. But you must have also noticed that my taste in comics is decidedly heavy on superheroes right? It may well be this game-changing epic and all, but again going back to just following whatever my brain tells me I'm in the mood for and not really worrying about how epic or important something is...

And I'm not even saying that I think Saga won't appeal to me. Just that part of the fun of this hobby for me is not quite knowing what I'll be in the mood for week to week. Who knows. I might pick up a new book I wasn't interested in before. I might stop reading one that I thought I used to like.