View Single Post
Old 07.27.2014, 02:54 PM   #120
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
i listened to the whole thing yesterday. i don't have time to do a track-by-track thing (i was keeping track but i lost count so if i post my notes they'd fall on the wrong places) but generally i'll say:

-i enjoyed about 80-90% of it (lost count, sorry)

-the other 10-20% was grating and insufferable.

-the girl's voice was pretty, kind of between a more childish trish keenan (whom i love/d) and a less
perverted jenny lewis

-that guy suddenly talking about some sandwich or some shit was clearly the worst part of it all. [eta: it killed the mood.]

-the tracks i enjoyed (and i did) were either portishead-lite or stereolabbish. i dont' say this in a pejorative way but rather as a descriptive.

-where they went in the direction of portishead (there were familiar beats i couldn't exactly point from memory right now) it was with a less ominous and therefore more "relaxable" sound meaning it won't suddenly jar your nerves or make you anxious.

-"italian 60s pop infuenced" (i'm quoting from the comments either here or in the other thread) tracks were sort of an easy listening less complex stereolab (with less psychedelic or revolutionary tendencies) that while less musically interesting still offer a pleasant lounge vibe that won't wear out when mixed with other stuff.

to sum it up: i'd toss a couple of horrid unslistenable tracks away but i'll add the rest to my chillout playlists for years of future fun. thanks for posting it up here.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|