View Single Post
Old 06.20.2006, 05:03 PM   #69
jheii
bad moon rising

jheii kicks all y'all's assesjheii kicks all y'all's assesjheii kicks all y'all's assesjheii kicks all y'all's assesjheii kicks all y'all's assesjheii kicks all y'all's assesjheii kicks all y'all's assesjheii kicks all y'all's assesjheii kicks all y'all's assesjheii kicks all y'all's assesjheii kicks all y'all's asses
I disagree with the complaints about SY playing too much from Rather Ripped. Someone said that this might even show their "laziness." What is lazy about doing yr best to get a crowd of people to enjoy 12 songs that most of them have only been listening to for a week, max, instead of sticking to the songs that everyone knows and love, and ahs done so since '87? Fuck that. When I see a band, I want to see what they're doing NOW, see if they can still pull material together--something SY have done impeccably throughout their entire career. If I want to hear a certain Sonic Youth song, I've got the albums. If I go to a Sonic Youth show, I want to be taken aback by the hypercosmic forces at play when T, K, L, + S set the room ablaze in electric ecstacy. If they could've done that with six songs from Rather Ripped and no encore, more power to 'em. I'm getting sick of writing this. The end.