View Single Post
Old 02.03.2016, 05:18 PM   #243
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
lulz. I knew if I posted it w/o saying ANYTHING it would drive you crazy haha.

Basically I thought that it was actually a well thought out article for the most part. I expected click-bait, but it was reasoned and was written by someone who seemed to know his discography well (and actually admired it deeply).

I also thought, like you, that so what if this isn't some genre-inventing epic life-changing event? So what if it is just - gasp - an album of really good songs?

I also also thought that it may even be going overboard by suggesting that this won't be a great album based on the four songs referenced.

I will give the writer this, though: a lot of the stuff that came out or leaked before the final tracklisting ("Awesome," "Only One," "FourFiveSeconds") felt like they would have been a really interesting and possibly cohesive album (I believe the writer referred to them as "beatless") and I really would have been interested to see what that album would have been. As we've discussed prior, a perfectionist like Yeezy no doubt scraps entire albums fairly often. So...