View Single Post
Old 08.02.2013, 03:11 AM   #12
Mortte Jousimo
expwy. to yr skull

Mortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beautiful Plateau
not leaning on facts here

just quoting a thought of mine, if there's such a possibility

It's also a reference to a quote from the Alec Foege book "Confusion is Next: The Sonic Youth Story"
"Rock is dead. And Sonic Youth helped kill it."

there's a lot of faux sérieux in what I wrote
"I swear I didn't mean it"
Well, I don´t quite understand what that Alex F meaned, cause to me SY is one of those rare artists who has kept rock alive, specially when they started in eighties when the direction of "plastic bullshit" started in popular music. Of course if you´re thinking rock in very puritan way (I mean Elvis & the other fifties and in the other hand bands like Led Zeppelin, AC/DC, Guns & Roses) then you can say SY isn´t rock.

And that´s good question, is rock still alive. To me it is, although Black Sabbath, CLM & John Fogerty haven´t done their greatest albums of their career, there are very much rock feeling in their latest albums.

And about that seriousness of your former sentence, I don´t quite understand when these days many fans seems to think about their favourite artists like family members. I am very serious music listener, but still even SY is just a great band to me. If it splits, there still will be other great bands and artists. Also there has made more great music in the past I ever have time to listen.
Mortte Jousimo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|