View Single Post
Old 03.22.2006, 06:00 PM   #13
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllHandsOnTheBigOne

I don't think that genres really have any negative aspects. If people turn down a whole genre because they don't like one band that is part of it, it's solely based on the fact that some people are just close minded twats.

It is difficult not to be close-minded... I mean, It's near impossible to get a decent feel for most genres and sub-genres... when you start looking at the umpteen million genres there are across the world - I like what Rai and Soukous I've heard, but I don't like any high-life I've heard. It would take me a long time to find something I did like from it, precisely because there's a million bands all over the world competing for space on my shelf. I don't think it's necessarily close-minded, just a willfull ignorance; although, there are a great many people who are close-minded, but that's because they're twats more than anything.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|