Thread: Shortwave Radio
View Single Post
Old 03.22.2006, 07:14 PM   #8
Hip Priest
invito al cielo

Hip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Пятхъдесят Шест
I'm positive you pick up more stations than I do, considering your location. I'm in the mid-west United States, the worst place for reception in North America. But I do pick up a few gems that have strong signals to North America, and a few that I probably shouldn't be able to hear, but the scrambling of the waves result in many a strange listen.

I think I get so many because the countries in Europe are either a. welthy enough that they can afford the broadcasts, or b. former communist regimes, which explains the 'party line' nature of the broadcasts.

Quote:
Overcomer Ministry is VERY VERY strange. In fact , its quite embarassing that so many evangelical's broacast from my country. Nontheless its interesting, and makes for a lot of thinking.

I don't get many, although there's a station called World Harvest which seems a bit dodgy. Ovecomer/Brother Stair is someone who I find fascinating - I think he's being honest about his beliefs, rather than fraudulent.

Quote:
China Radio International is a favorite, along with Radio Tashkent International (the Uzbek music program is outstanding!) There is one from the Netherlands that I pick up regularly. Not sure if you pick up Radio Habana Cuba, but the US and the UK are always referred to as 'the imperilists'. I get dozens of Central and South American stations as well. Somtimes I get lucky and pick up Voice of Korea (North Korea) on abouts 9335, its in Korean (I can only imagine the propaganda that is spun) but they have odd music segments of drone and throat music, shit is awesome.

I forgot to say Netherlands! Cuba, Tashkent and Korea I've never found - I'd like to hear Korea. Voice of Korea? They might broadcast online, you never know.

Quote:
Not sure what the noise you're picking up is. Sometimes stations that broadcast world time will make a steady sounding noise. Could be that.

It's just an interference noise, repeating evry second or do for about a second each time. I assume an astronomical phenomenon, I have tried to look online. A little deeper, I think!

Quote:
What kind of radio do you have?

A Roberts R862. It's a small hand-held one, about 13cm x 8cm x 2.5cm in size. But I have a long length of telephone wire which I turned one end of into a wraparound piece for the aerial. The other end is stripped and the wires wrapped round a screw on our electricity meter! What do you have? I'm planning on getting something powerful if I can.

Did you see my Number Stations thread? There's some good links.

Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/outsidethecamp/
Hip Priest is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|