View Single Post
Old 05.27.2009, 07:07 PM   #38
wellcharge
expwy. to yr skull

wellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
rock was and is an amalgasm of blues, country, hillbilly music, gospel, soul, etc., not what came to be called R&B.

nothing came to be called R&B, that term is older than rock&roll and older than the term soul. R&B is a mix of all the african american genres at the time. gospel,blues and jazz. Rock 'n Roll is the same thing with the addition of bluegrass/country, soul is the same thing with a different name because kids didn't want to admit they listen to the same genre as their parents.
The term R&B was a replacement for "race music" which came to be considered an offensive term for black styles, and was applied to all black genres including rock and roll

don't take it from me, chuck berry is much more of an authority

I got a rockin' pneumonia
I need a shot of rhythm and blues
wellcharge is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|