Thread: Rather Ripped
View Single Post
Old 12.07.2010, 02:23 AM   #117
Mortte Jousimo
expwy. to yr skull

Mortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genteel Death
Will SY's first attempt to desperately try to appeal to people who normally wouldn't be willing to spend dollar on their records do? And the resulting mess, of course.

I donīt believe making money has been the goal, when Sonic Youth was making Rather Ripped. If they ever wanted success (I mean lots of money etc) they would have make another Dirty after Dirty. Instead they made experimental that is totally uncommercial album. Why they would have wanted success in the end of their Geffen contract? And after Rather Ripped they released totally uncommercial compilation. I truly believe that there still isnīt any commercial planning in Sonic Youth, they are making what theyīre making only because they wanted to do it and like it.
Mortte Jousimo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|