View Single Post
Old 09.19.2009, 05:59 AM   #26
mysonichaircut
children of satan

mysonichaircut kicks all y'all's assesmysonichaircut kicks all y'all's assesmysonichaircut kicks all y'all's assesmysonichaircut kicks all y'all's assesmysonichaircut kicks all y'all's assesmysonichaircut kicks all y'all's assesmysonichaircut kicks all y'all's assesmysonichaircut kicks all y'all's assesmysonichaircut kicks all y'all's assesmysonichaircut kicks all y'all's assesmysonichaircut kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Lawrence
here's what the steve hoffman audiophile folks had to say about the album in general (though most of the early pages are pre-release exposition)

http://www.stevehoffman.tv/forums/sh...d.php?t=174547

i hear the clipping on 'what we know' too. perplexes me. still a killer tune though.

i dont think the clipping was an accident. as i said, the record from pitchfork.tv sounds better to me, but i still think, sy wanted the eternal to sound the way it sounds on the album. i agree pretty much with that guy from stevehoffman.tv (with exception of what he says about the other albums):

"To think this is not what the band wants, however, I think is ridiculous. First, this is their fourth straight new release that has this same sonic signature (Murray Street, Sonic Nurse, and Rather Ripped share it). Second, their "deluxe editions" also share a very compressed sound, and T mentioned how great it sounded in the liner notes to one, and one said "super remastered" on the cover. Third, the mastering was in town and I'd guess they attended the session. Fourth, the vinyl sounds pretty much the same as the CD, making it seem even less like an accident. Fifth, the label is not known for compression, and clearly is going out of their way to give the band what it wants in other respects."
mysonichaircut is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|