Thread: SONIC YOUTH
View Single Post
Old 11.04.2011, 10:53 AM   #4
jennthebenn
expwy. to yr skull

jennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
For all the great tunes on the last 3-4 SY albums, if you are honest with yourself, you will see that they are basically SY-Lite. They lack a cohesion of force. It may be my own opinion but that is what it feels like. The last album I was 85% in love with was Sonic Nurse. The Eternal seems like a collection of half-assed SY, much like what I felt during the EJST&NS era. I thought that SY was done then. They mended the fences and continued on with great stuff, but the end was near. It could be felt.

SY are worth hours, days, years of my life. They are worth travel, expense, collecting all their shit, and my undying love.

The second quoted paragraph I should not have to say I cosign with all my heart.

The first paragraph I humbly disagree with, and I take umbrage with "if you're being honest with yourself." Well then. Being 100% honest with myself, I think "The Eternal" is their best record since "A Thousand Leaves." As good as? No. But it's a light year or so ahead of "Rather Ripped."