View Single Post
Old 03.27.2013, 06:01 PM   #2703
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
They had some key players out with injuries and quite a few on yellow cards. The game in the snow last week would've probably taken a lot out of them too. In those circumstances I imagine they were just holding on for a clean sheet in the hope they might grab a win through a set piece or something. Disappointing as a spectacle but quite practical from the US's perspective, given the situation. And there's enough games left for both teams for this result not to be a disaster for either (hopefully).

yeah, i mean, fuck, these national teams, at this stage, are often improvised and poorly cobbled together, i get that, i do. maybe with the exception of european teams with "big" leagues like germany, england, italy, spain, which have most of their players locally. in south america it's always a big scramble to get all the players home in time for the matches (and they arrive injured, etc).

AND yes, to squeak a 0-0 at the azteca stadium is a victory in itself, 100,000 mexicans ready to murder you is not an easy psychological hurdle to overcome. that in itself is a feat that mexico (and that shit ref) helped achieve.

but still, i didn't see any kind of shape or style anything to the team. like, i can't explain-- what they "stand" for in terms of... what is klinsmann trying to create? what kind of system is he using? honestly i haven't seen any of the previous matches so i don't know what they are coming from, all i got was... damarcus beasley and bradley defended well, and guzan did alright. who else played, i don't even noticed. when altidore got replaced i couldn't figure out why, but saw no difference after his replacement got in. brek shea i've seen play and he's an able attacker but (again) i can't remember what he did last night. i only remeber the mexicans (guardado, dos santos, chicharito failing). i remember their 4 defenders moving up and down in orderly fashion , their midfield trying to create, their attacks on both wings... you could see a team at work. usa just confused the shit out of me. maybe that was the tactic! ha ha ha. (no, seriously. maybe it was that: victory through obscurity. amorphous indecipherability. sun-tzu.)
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|