View Single Post
Old 03.09.2016, 10:26 AM   #1048
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
perhaps people just dont want to come to a sonic youth forum to talk about the most mainstream middle-of-the-road corporate-rapper around? (Kanyeeeee???)

No offense, but folks who listen to Spnic Youth probably care more about music than anything else. There's enough Beatles talk here. People dig MJ and Prince, the Stones, etc. I think people are more about music being interesting and challenging than they do about silly rules about what punk fans should and shouldn't listen to.

Also, Kanye's been one of the most talked about artists here (even if I remove myself and my own comments from the equation) for years. I really don't think NR or louder is taking a stance against corporate music. I think they're just irked at Kanye.

I like what I like. I love plenty of "non-corporate" music (a vast majority of what's in my iPod and phone is probably "non-corporate" or "punk acceptable") but if I happen to like the music of an artist who sells shoes (Kanye, Kendrick) or has worked in fashion (uh... Kim Gordon?) then I'm not going to pretend I don't because the dictates of punk thos say I sholdn't.

Fuck putting music and or music fans in a box of any kind. People are astonished when I tell them I listen to Kanye, or Jay-Z, because I used to fancy myself quite a little punk snob. But I love confusing people who think that my Boredoms and SY love make me somehow predictable.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|