View Single Post
Old 05.08.2017, 10:28 AM   #21021
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDom
Alright first up: For a friends b day we went to see Eraserhead at a local theatre. It was playing the day of his birthday and it's his favorite movie so it was a great time, however I realized after watching it this time that I think I've finally seen it enough and it no longer has any mystery. It really felt novelty. They played the Grandmother to open it and I was honestly super bored during the whole 30 min. Its hard to not respect Lynch but lately I've super cooled on my opinion of him.

On the brighter side the local theatre is playing the new restoration of Stalker soon so I have been binging on Tarkovsky lately. Andrei Rublev is a Top 10 film for me. I really can't praise the man enough HOWEVER it seems I'm in a minortiy when it comes to not liking Solaris very much. The lady and I did a Space Race double feature the other day of 2001 and Solaris. I almost hate saying it but 2001 totally takes the cake as the better film, even though I feel more connected to Tarkovsky's way of thinking. 2001 just works better as a whole. Curious to know how others feel about the two very similar films.

i was writing you a long reply to this early this morning but something got nuked when i switched screens and i lost it. i'll try to reconstruct but now it will not be the same

the main thing about it was that 2001 was more revolutionary but due to its reliance on effects it also has aged more than solaris which remains beautiful and timeless. i'll add more details later but just wanted to leave that for now as im on a schedule
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|