View Single Post
Old 08.20.2018, 07:42 PM   #1
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
Sorry if this has already been discussed (it's been five years, after all), but I was extracting the audio from The Rising Tide: Last Night On Earth Demos And Rehearsals with Exact Audio Copy and the program froze at around 80%, which is about 17 minutes into the last track, "The Rising Tide [012313] [Dust Rehearsal Session]" (the one that lasts 25:26). I took out the disc, cleaned it, tried again twice; since shit kept happening, I gave up and changed EAC's extraction method to "fast mode" so that I could at least hear what the hell this was about — sure enough, there's a TACK-TACK-TACK-TACK sound from there until the end of the track, and no, it doesn't have anything to do with the song, you smartypants.

Played then the disc directly on a good ole CD player. Same problem. Great, the disc was fucked (not that you could tell by looking at it — zero visual indication of such an apocalyptic issue). So THEN I remembered, Hey, wait a minute, I actually have another copy! Brand new, factory sealed, ULTRAMINT! Fuckin' awesome...! Except no, no awesomeness: THE BRAND NEW CD WAS EXACTLY AS FUCKED AS THE PREVIOUS ONE. I wanted to shoot myself in the FACE.

Final try: got a file via SoulSeek (sue me; it was for experimental reasons, scientific method 101: isolate the variables). Wanna guess what the downloaded track sounded like? Yes, it sounded fucked up, in the same way.

Listen to the horror yourselves in the format of your choice:

FLAC (118 MB)

128kbps mp3 (24 MB)

So what do I do? Should I go to https://sonicyouth.kungfustore.com/s...-lee41-cd.html and hope the third time's the charm? Or is it safe to assume that every copy has the same demonic defect?

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

The Soup Nazi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|