Thread: Religion thread
View Single Post
Old 07.10.2018, 02:17 PM   #109
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilduclo
Regarding SCOTUS announcement upcoming....at what point would a sincerely held religious belief preclude service as a judge? I've thought of this a number of times regarding freedom of religion. There are some real gen-yoo-wine religions that have some pretty odd tenets. I am sure there are many ISIL members that are as sincere in their religious beliefs as Ms Coney-Barrett...and a whole bunch of Asatrus you can find (by tattoo) in just about any prison. Want a few of these cats on the court?

There is no point at which religious beliefs should preclude or determine decisions as a judge. No point.

If I had my way, I’d only vote for declared agnostics, as that’s the only sane option. All elected officials and appointed officials should be able to separate their beliefs from their job. If they can’t, they’re unqualified. In my opinion.

Yeah, I k is this means like 98% of the nation’s politicians would be “unqualified,” but so be it. Also, duh.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|