Thread: Houston
View Single Post
Old 10.07.2017, 07:25 PM   #17
Bytor Peltor
Banned

Bytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilduclo
Are you really rebuilding in the flooded area? Dang, I'd find another place..

My home that flooded was brand new when we moved in back in 1970, I was two years old. When my mom remarried in the early 90's, I purchased the home from her. Living at the same address for almost 50 years, I can count on one hand the number of times our ditches were ever full of water. It has never happened before in my neighborhood.

YES - hurricanes are way of life when living in the Gulf Coast, and the threat of flooding has always been due to storm surge.

Down here, Interstate 10 is cinsidered the barrier......live South if I-10, you might flood......live North of I-10, no worries.

I live North of I-10, this flood wasn't from storm surge......matter of fact, Harvey was just a tropical depression when it moved across Beaumont.

We flooded from the Biblical amount of rainfall. From the Texas / Louisiana border all the way out past Katy,Texas and as far North as Conroe, Texas, the flood area was massive......this entire side of the State can't move away.
Bytor Peltor is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|