View Single Post
Old 09.09.2013, 03:09 AM   #51
Mortte Jousimo
expwy. to yr skull

Mortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
Bullshit. First I never meant to imply somehow that Electric Ladyland wasn't a masterpiece, so much as that what was going to be the progression and next record with Billy was going to be even BETTER. I listen to Hendrix daily, my opinion is based simply on my taste. I didn't diss Noel because I had some kind of chip on my shoulder, I just realized over several years that the tunes I prefer are those with Billy, and in particular the live material after 1968. I wasn't trying to diss your opinion, just express my own
Well, maybe you´re honest in your opinions. You seem to have lots of kind of "away from the mainstream"-opinions (the best Grateful Dead is their live material, SY have greatest era with Jim) so that was the reason of my suspicion. But of course there is no right opinions in music.

I really love the Cry Of love, Rainbow Bridge, War Heroes & People, Hell & Angels (there are great moments also in Loose Ends & Valleys of Neptune) and also those after-experience live recordings I have, but in my opinion Hendrix didn´t achieve same greatness in those studio recordings that are mostly in Cry Of Love, Rainbow Bridge & War Heroes that he achieved in Electric Ladyland. And I think it´s no use to think what kind of album First rays of the new rising sun would have been if Hendrix had lived. It would be same kind of bullshit like there has been around the Beach Boys "Smile".
Mortte Jousimo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|