View Single Post
Old 06.04.2014, 12:21 AM   #175
Skuj
invito al cielo

Skuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's asses
Fascinating thread. One day I will delve into early Swans, but I cannot imagine ever coming to the conclusion that Seer and TBK are anything but monumentally wonderful albums. I don't care how "content" these people are in 2014. Wearing out my 2CD TBK these days.

The "noise" sections of TBK are fantastic. Many bands attempt noise and fail, but on TBK there are some staggeringly beautiful and terrifying moments of sonic overload. The crescendos in Bring The Sun / Toussant, the descending lines in Some Things We Do (reminds me of fucking Ode To Billy Joe), the transition in She Loves Us, the eerie end phase of Kirsten Supine (my favourite part of the whole journey), the epic outro of TBK.....this is superbly constructed noise. Can't get enough of this motherfucker.