View Single Post
Old 09.10.2006, 11:54 PM   #87
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneticKiss
"What an early Jesus and Mary Chain gig was like"...

Well, there was usually a riot, becuz in those days audiences didn't take kindly to a bunch of guys with their backs turned to the audience playing simplistic pop songs way too loud to be audible...

I don't know, guys, maybe I'm just getting old (God forbid) or I'm too into the music of the guy whom I'm gonna play lead guitar for (if you like Elvis Costello, They Might Be Giants, or Eels, check him out: www.barakshpiez.com ), but I just don't see the point in bands trying to be as hostile to the audience as possible anymore....I understand that's how some people express themselves, but how are you going to gain any fans if you keep scaring everyone away?

I don't know if it is quite that. It is more that it seems to me that as digital recording has grown in popularity, there have been less good warm sounding albums and more shitty and overly produced incredibly boring sounding albums. Even if there is not a direct correlation, I think they are related to some extent.

With midi controlled racks, digital recorders, etc., it seems that music has become more about perfectionism than about rocking.
SpectralJulianIsNotDead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|