View Single Post
Old 07.12.2006, 01:44 PM   #25
Daddylikes
the end of the ugly

Daddylikes kicks all y'all's assesDaddylikes kicks all y'all's assesDaddylikes kicks all y'all's assesDaddylikes kicks all y'all's assesDaddylikes kicks all y'all's assesDaddylikes kicks all y'all's assesDaddylikes kicks all y'all's assesDaddylikes kicks all y'all's assesDaddylikes kicks all y'all's assesDaddylikes kicks all y'all's assesDaddylikes kicks all y'all's asses
I agree 110 percent. I can't believe people that aren't involved keep talking about it (the same people never post in the actual thread where the "offensive" behavior takes place, ironically enough). If people truly want their board to be a more exciting, on topic and insightful community, they'd admonish outrageous behavior, post exciting, on topic and insightful commentary, while at the same time ignoring all threads that they can easily see that they have absolutely no interest in.

The behavior we've seen in the last few days, however, has been for multiple users to come out of the woodwork AFTER Chris Habib/Sonic Youth exacted "punishments" on offensive parties to admonish peoples behavior, complain about the state of the board, try to introduce new measures to control the board (which probably wouldn't be as user friendly or effective as what Chris is doing) and generally being little whiny biatches (which I find is typical of this board). All of you who are complaining now, if you were truly upset with the way the board was going, SHOULD HAVE COMPLAINED A LOT EARLIER.

If people were all pissed off at assblaster, where was my negative rep? When AssBlaster was banned, I was among the highest rep totals on the board. Now that I'm back, my rep is growing daily. Where were the people complaining TO ME in p.m's as opposed to complaining to SY and Chris Habib? NOWHERE TO BE FOUND. THAT'S WHERE.

I'm sorry, but this board is litterally spoiled.

The vBulletin phish board that I belong to is paid for, moderated and run completely by us fans. While there isn't a "membership fee", the board is completely paid for by paypal donations.

This board is completely free, and moderated by a band insider that actually cares about the discussion forum. Not to mention the fact that some of the people you hate (i.e. me) regularly post links to BRAND NEW s.y. live recordings that aren't otherwise shared here. And yet you complain and want me banned.

That's retarded. Everyone here is retarded. Sure I can be offensive and abrasive, but honestly if I'm making fun of you (or harrassing you if you want to call it that), either you make fun of others or you deserve it because I find you to be idiotic.

When I used racial, religious or sexist slurs, it wasn't because I was a racist, sexist, homophobe, religious stereotyper, whatever, it was because you annoyed me in another way...and in my opinion were totally "asking for it" vis a vis-your idiocy.

As far as the Chris Habib prank call is concerned, it was just boredom and retardedness, and truly wasn't meant to be harrassing or an ongoing thing. And has already been dealt with.

People, lighten up, get over it, and keep on fluffing the horrendous sonic youth release "Rather Ripped" (I still think there is only one decent track on the thing).

Thanks.
Daddylikes is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|