View Single Post
Old 03.22.2017, 11:26 AM   #72
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenlight
I'm diggin Cease Fire big time, eventhough it's typical Thurston's post SY output. I like production too. thanks for the link of the video, I will check it out later today.

Yeah I like "Cease Fire" too. It's nothing revelatory, but we knew it wouldn't be. The production is different soundin, at least that's how it sounds on my iPhone 7 speakers. Sounds fairly traditional, the transition from soft to loud after the intro actually made me think of Metallica for some reason.

The bit at 4:30 sounds an awful lot like "Cross the Breeze."

There's something that always kind of fails to land with me about Thurston's "heavy" stuff. It tends to sound dynamically similar to SY, but with, like, a piece taken out. Almost like we're listening to isolated takes of SY songs that are missing the overlay of the other members.

Is this Googe and Steve playing on this?
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|