View Single Post
Old 02.28.2013, 11:18 AM   #10
zelocia
bad moon rising

zelocia kicks all y'all's asseszelocia kicks all y'all's asseszelocia kicks all y'all's asseszelocia kicks all y'all's asseszelocia kicks all y'all's asseszelocia kicks all y'all's asseszelocia kicks all y'all's asseszelocia kicks all y'all's asseszelocia kicks all y'all's asseszelocia kicks all y'all's asseszelocia kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLghost
yes....this was the interview where it really hit me that...yep....they're done ....Kim sounds like she's completely done with the "old band")

I wouldn't say she is completely done. You can only be so "done" with a band that has such a legacy as they do. As much as I don't like to think about it, let alone say it, as far as new material... thats probably not going to happen. (Though we've all had a feeling about that for a little while). I'm still going to cross my fingers on that they will get back into a studio together someday but I have no expectations. But John Moloney said in an interview, posted online on the same day Kim did her interview: "I'm not saying he's moving on. Sonic Youth is not dead. It'll never die. They might take a break from playing shows, but Chelsea Light Moving is not a side project. All of us in the band are one hundred percent into it." While this was more a comment on CLM (which I have come to see as a reincarnation of SY) and does not guarantee anything, reading that made me feel so much better after listening to Kim's interview. Kim is probably the most "moved on" of the three, but it is impossible for her or any of them for that matter to be moved on completely, especially at this point.
zelocia is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|