Thread: Vivian Girls
View Single Post
Old 11.23.2010, 09:07 AM   #267
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
This excellent band has a new album coming out this spring called SHARE THE JOY.

I love this band, I love how sloppy and off they usually are, but their great simple melodies hold it together. They just have a cool sound, not much beyond that, nothing groundbreaking, but at least it's not slick overproduced glossy stuff, there's an energy in their off key singing and out of tune guitar playing that appeals to me, as well as some genuinely good melodies and songwriting. I also enjoy how they're named after Darger! No, but really.. they just offer me simple joys, there may not be much depth to it, but it's certainly more interesting and listenable than most of the other blogcore bands. I think "Tell the World" is an exceptionally interesting and well-made song, also.

Here's a cool live 27 minute performance
http://www.amoeba.com/live-shows/vid...ian-girls.html

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|