View Single Post
Old 06.23.2017, 12:19 PM   #33
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
I agree with Symbols about the "uncool in the traditional sense" thing, but I'm still struggling a bit with why it's accepted (or, rather, encouraged!) in sports situations, but taboo in music circles.

Hell, go to a comic book convention and everyone dresses as their favorite character. Except for me. I don't do that shit. Fuck dressing up. Also, I've only ever been to like two comic book conventions. BUT... a lot of people do it.

Is there something inherent about music fandom that makes this expression of allegiance and devotion somehow socially unacceptable? No! There's nothing inherent in the culture. It's something else. And it has to be more than just, "Music fans are douchebags," though that is certainly almost always the case. It has to be more than that because sports fans are douchebags. Comic book and sci-fi nerds are self-important little shitheels. Everyone everywhere is a douchebag, and fandom breeds douchbaggery.

So what is it? Can we identify an actual causal agent for this effect? The answer is no, of course... no, we can't. Not scientifically. But we sure as hell can speculate about it, so let's speculate!!
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|