View Single Post
Old 09.17.2017, 09:41 AM   #3073
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
what does one have to do with the other? butts and soup there too??

i sure don't remember. i never saw it in the first place.

butt what does one have to do with the other and in which way?

what soup? and who's butt?

this i must know

i don't care for jude law's butt so better be a good one

Road to Perdition was the next movie Sam Mendes made after the huge success of American Beauty. It was really hyped up, because the guy had just won all these Oscars, and people were excited about what he would do next. It got really good reviews but did not perform well at the box office, and was snubbed at award time.

It's a period piece about an Irish mob enforcer in the late-'20s/early-'30s whose son witnesses a hit and compromises the family's security. The guy has to make a decision... fight the family, give up his son, or bring his son into the bloody family business.

His choice ... well, it's not easy.

Tom Hanks, Paul Newman, Jude Law, Daniel Craig. A goddamn excellent and beautiful movie that was much more evolved and well thought-out and challenging than its predecessor. It's actually based on an obscure black and white graphic novel, but I didn't know that until after I saw it, and that's not why I like it.

American Beauty had its moments, but its depiction of teenagers was hilariously out of touch. No teenager has ever talked the way ANY of the teenagers in that movie spoke to one another. Except the teenagers who were literally acting IN that movie. I guess they talked that way, while on the clock.

It was too much. It doesn't hold up for me at all. Kevin Spacey is good, and his plot is interesting, but it takes some really pretentious side-roads and detours to Point-ville.

Road to Perdition is a masterclass. Everything is better. Down to the color palette and score.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|