View Single Post
Old 01.13.2014, 08:12 PM   #1493
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
Cappadonna is underrated for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
Well, Capadonna's totally on Almight: 2nd Coming, so...

I always thought Canibus was such a fuck. I see pics of him with big guns and shit, looking like a goddamn psychopath, and his cover-art is the very definition of the word "whack." BUT- this Almighty shit kills.

I can't even pick his voice out of the myriad rappers who guest-spot on the disc, so I don't really know what, if anything, he did in terms of artistic arrangement, but it's heavy on Wu-collective members and late '90's heavy hitters, and the production is goddamn great.

but somehow I doubt, especially after reading his bio on wiki and spotify, that Canibus has the drive, the money, or the respect to headline a project like this, which features far better rappers than he has the right to be associated with.
Canibus is just totally misunderstood in a weird way, but that shit with Priest and Kurupt is good shit. Cappadonna is definitely underrated, but its sort of his gig, he stayed way out of the spotlight even on tracks, more of a great glue guy. He is the Steve Kerr of rap music. I also think Inspectah Deck was totally underrated and Method Mad was totally OVER-RATED. Black Knights and Northstar was one of my favorite wu affiliates aside from Killah Priest.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|