View Single Post
Old 12.12.2012, 05:48 AM   #2254
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicBebs
for all Wenger's plus points you have to question his signings over the years
i cant think of any big name being signed thats really been succesful. He's only been able to sell big players!
I really like Vermalen, and i think Pedolski was a good signing, but other than that i'm struggling (Oxlade-Chamberlain may turn out good, but its a bit too soon to tell).

My manager at work was saying that Arsenal's wage policy causes problems. Theres some kind of limit as to the difference between players wages. Whatever the figure is the idea is that everyone is paid a similiar wage and so there is no friction within the squad. The outcome is that the good players are paid a lower wage than they can get elsewhere (and so leave), while the dregs of the squad are getting paid alot more than they could expect elsewhere (and so dont have any monetary motivation to improve)
i've no idea if it's true though...

Yeah, while you have to admire Wenger's refusal to pay silly wages, he's naive if he thinks Arsenal can stay competitive that way. But more than just quality of players, there seems to be a kind of complacency in the club that makes me think a change of manager is becoming all the more inevitable. But who could they get to replace him? They probably couldn't afford Guardiola (even though in many ways they're the ideal club for him) or Mourinho and everyone else in the frame would be a massive risk. I've heard talk of them maybe going for Redknapp but I can't see that happening.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|