View Single Post
Old 11.27.2017, 08:20 PM   #1830
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by evollove
The violence is a selling point in my book. Who wants a tame Punisher?

If you had written, "It's not violent at all, but it's really well written, acted and produced," I would've passed. Now I'm gonna check it out.

Did anyone see PUNISHER: WAR ZONE? It's a masterpiece of over-the-top violence. All sorts of unfortunate things happen to all sorts of heads. I love it.

I think I thought at first that it was not significantly more violent than Daredevil. But upon further reflection, and as the show progressed, I realized that was just my own long-simmering desensitization talking. There were moments that I had to look away. Seriously. Faces are pulpified. People bleed out through their jugulars. Men take bullets, knives, mirrors and countless blunt force blows to the head, all in the same scene.

It sneaks up on you a bit. It’s not all over the show, and some episodes don’t focus on much action, but when it happens it’s like the thing kicks into Rambo/Terminator/RoboCop mode and you’re like, “Aw FUCK ME THIS IS VIOLENT!”

I fell asleep during Punisher: War Zone... I actually forgot it existed (it melded in my mind with the ‘04 Punisher with Tom Jane and John Travolta) If it’s gonna be THAT B-RATED during the era of prestige superhero flicks (War Zone dropped during the Iron Man/Dark Knight era) then it might as well have starred Bruce Campbell and just allowed itself to be a gory ass joke.

This new Punisher has the Punisherness though. The other guys played him like a random gun guy... basically like John Mcclaine, but this... this is PUNISHER. His speech is a little off from the comics, but the soul of the character is finally there.

It’s cool.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|