View Single Post
Old 08.10.2007, 11:24 PM   #24
Concrete Abutments
bad moon rising

Concrete Abutments kicks all y'all's assesConcrete Abutments kicks all y'all's assesConcrete Abutments kicks all y'all's assesConcrete Abutments kicks all y'all's assesConcrete Abutments kicks all y'all's assesConcrete Abutments kicks all y'all's assesConcrete Abutments kicks all y'all's assesConcrete Abutments kicks all y'all's assesConcrete Abutments kicks all y'all's assesConcrete Abutments kicks all y'all's assesConcrete Abutments kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everyneurotic
i'll listen to their new rtx-style album when it comes out.

personally, i wanted them to explore the sound the started to do in road pussy, i love how out of their racket, they could build this amazing riffs and random rhythm patterns that worked amazingly well...oh well, at least i'm glad they didn't just sit back, turned on their amps moan some dumb poetry about big boobs and get praised just because they are cool.

ED: this thread is getting funny, it's on its way to become the "sonic youth sold out to the man! and now they kill third world children thru starbucks" "fuck you haters!! i'm proud they are joining paul mccartney in starbucks; in fact, now i'm going 5 times a day to my local starbucks, buy the most expensive drink there and ask when the sonic youth album is arriving. sonic life!!"

Road Pussy was definitely the disc that came closest to the vibe I experienced with them LIVE several times! I too wanted a lot more of that sound and was hoping for them to go down that road also. There is a new disc out that's just titled "Unreleased Album from 2006" which is a bunch of tracks from those Road Pussy sessions. Including the whole track that's behind the faux advertisement at the end of Road Pussy. Thank CHRIST I have that at least. I think the Road Pussy sound is over for good!
Concrete Abutments is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|