View Single Post
Old 07.09.2016, 12:38 AM   #11
Bytor Peltor
Banned

Bytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
I was initially happy to hear that the Astros were coming to the AL West, because I figured, hey, at least the M's can beat SOMEONE in the division. Then the Astros clobbered the hell out of the M's in 2015, and I was embarrassed as hell.

M's had an excellent start to the season, but now they're barely breaking even. Goddamn shame is what it is.

Oakland consistently throws a wrench into the AL West standings.

I dreaded the Astros move to the American League. I was a NL Central Die-Hard, thoroughly enjoying the rivalry the Astros had with the Cardnials. However, when I first became an Astros fan in the late 70's / early 80's, the Astros were a staple of the NL West and staying up late to watch the ends of games between the Dodger and Giants were a way of life that oftentimes got me in trouble : ) So, I'm now enjoying life in the ALWest and so far, it hasn't been that tough.

I've had an eye on your M's ever since the Astros traded King Felix and a boatload of other players for Randy Johnson. I love the fact that most of the M's coaching staff are ex-Astros:

Scott Servais - Head Coach
Tim Bogar - Bench Coach
Casey Candele - First Base Coach
Mike Hspton (nails) - Pitching Coach

The Astros now have three players with at least 50 RBI before the All-Star Break:
Correa 54
Springer 51
Altuve 50 (lead off first 6-7 weeks of season)

Last time Astros had three players with 50+ RBI's at the All-Star Break was 2003:

Lance Berkman 59
Richard Hildalgo 50
Jeff Kent 50
Bytor Peltor is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|