View Single Post
Old 12.13.2017, 01:08 AM   #91
hipster_bebop_junkie
100%

hipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asses
I re-visited some of the records to accompany the act of reading this book (not that it was actually necessary to enjoy it). Finished a while ago and posted my opinion on Goodreads.

Last week I got to see Martín Escalante (mastermind behind the awesome magazine of erotic photography, "Meche"; and the noise and experimental music label, Sploosh Records), and so I gave him a copy of the book as I know he is a fan of Thurston too, and he actually has a couple of pictures on the book credited to him (one of them was for sure taken by him during Thurston and Mats Gustafsson's show at Henie Onstad Kunstsenter on June 9th, 2013; which was then released as a limited edition LP by Prisma Records (run by Lars Mřrch Finborud and Lasse Marhaug) -that record's artwork consists of some other live photographs taken by Martín during that particular performance).

I realized there are a few records mentioned in the book which still are unreleased at this point (in the pipeline now for Sonic 2018, I assume), so it is a really insightful work. Congratulations, Nick. I shall check out the Swans book too, for sure.
hipster_bebop_junkie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|