View Single Post
Old 03.02.2017, 11:19 AM   #272
louder
invito al cielo

louder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
Wait, are we talking for the final four? Because I agree that they're both great producers, but Kanye puts 'em both to shame.

For top four, if not Kanye, then I'd be happy with the list as is win Madlib instead of Dre. I actually think Kanye is more versatile than Madlib, and I think he also is influenced by Dilla pretty obviously without sounding uncomfortably like him at times, like Madlib does. But I'm a Kanye dude... any list about hip hop could have him at the top and I wouldn't complain.

But with this one, IT'S FUCKING DILLA, Y'all! It's sooo fucking Dilla.

Watch... Dre will probably win. Which will be a goddamn shame. Dre certainly belongs on the list somewhere. Not on a hip-hop in general list, and certainly not on an emcee list, but as a producer he's up there. But he's not as good as people make him out to be, and his production output has been scant and sporadic compared to everyone else on the list. Pete Rock? Fuck man, what hasn't that guy done? He's sill tearing it up, and it's been decades!
Oh no, I just meant that I prefer them over Dr. Dre and DJ Quik.

Dilla IS the greatest for me.
louder is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|