View Single Post
Old 06.01.2015, 12:10 AM   #38830
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by schizophrenicroom
i like evernote but i think i wanna go paperless this time around- i remember/process shit way better written by hand. but i'd be willing to try any system.

if you like manual you can do gtd with a simple "hipster pda" (google it)

GTD however is a conceptual framework-- you can do it by hand, you can do it with software, you can hack it to your individual needs etc.

implementing it on evernote was a personal hack in this case-- it's non-canonical. gtd was not designed for evernote and evernote was not designed for gtd. but evernote is flexible enough that bam.

gtd is all about emptying your mind (there that goes again) and doing the necessariy action in the right context. e.g. no use remembering to buy lettuce when you're at the gym-- you'll drop a weight on your foot if you do't focus. you need to remember lettuce at the store.

basic notion is that we have to remember so many things our brain is always using RAM to juggle all these mental notes. by developing a trusted system of context-based recollection your brain can relax & let go & focus on the task at hand. it's really brilliant. helped my adhd a huge way. cured me, even (almost).

i also use daily alarms at all hours (wake up, lunch, brush teeth, etc), i use timers for evryting i cant forget i'm doing (eg dont burn the food), and the calendar on the phone w/ alarms (eg-- appointment tomorrow-appointment today--appointment in 1 hour)
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|