View Single Post
Old 05.28.2020, 03:25 PM   #8768
Screaming Skull
children of satan

Screaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by h8kurdt
Thought you said you were done with this? Alright, look at it this way. Nirvana never wrote a political song, save for downer, however their actions as a band made them political. Exact same situation with sonic youth.

Your obsession that because it's not "overt" (word of the week people) it's not political is glib. Think it's a desperation to hide the fact that your political views are the exact opposite of sonic youth's.

Sonic Youth's recorded output is, what, +/- 300 songs? We are struggling to cobble together a list of 5 political songs; therefore, my conclusion is they are not a political band.

I'll concede Youth Against Fascism, Peace Attack, Chapel Hill (one of my all-time favorite SY songs), and Shoot (you missed that one). The rest are a stretch, IMO.
Screaming Skull is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|