View Single Post
Old 12.28.2006, 10:20 PM   #99
Dead-Air
invito al cielo

Dead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by grungenotdead?
mudhoney, without them sub pop wouldnt exist

My choice would be Green River, which is even moreso the case. Of course Green River never quite put on any of their records the intensity of what they were like live with Mark's Stooge rawk screamfest fighting with the obvious future pop sensibilities of Ament and Gossard. Mind, I hated Mother Love Bone and Pearl Jam make me projectile vomit, but Green River at their best were even better than Mudhoney at their best. Steve will hate me for saying it, but it's true. Mudhoney did better on record - at least you've got Super Fuzz Bigmuff and all the original singles, and maybe 5 songs from the first album... But Mark's stagedives into the crowd while still screaming with Green River back in the day before such things were cliche, paved the way for everything else Sub Pop ever stood for that was cool.
Dead-Air is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|