View Single Post
Old 12.23.2017, 07:20 PM   #1011
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by evollove
Yeah, what is it with run the jewels? Listened to 3 and it's good, well-made, not crap. And yet almost entirely without interest. Weird.
-----
Listened to Logic's under pressure. Frustrating. Impressive skills, but almost never changes up his flow so it gets pretty boring after awhile. And we get it dude. You had a rough childhood. Anything else to say? No IDs production is more interesting than the rapper.
----
Just heard I Don't Like Shit for the first time. Damn. If Earl isn't a genius, he's brilliant enough I don't mind. I have the feeling that in the next few years, he's going to make the greatest thing ever.
----
How come no one seemed to care about wu-tang the saga continues?

1. Yep. Run the Jewels is ok non-terrible rap that does like nothing for me with repeated listens. I think people are just overwhelmed by the sensory overload of the sounds, and the fact that neither the rapping nor the production is *bad,* so they convince themselves it’s good, when in truth it’s just ... not bad.

2. Is anyone still talking or thinking about Logic? He’s a speck. Again, not terrible, but pretty much the antithesis of interesting.

3. I’m not always in the mood for Earl — in fact I’m almost always NOT in the mood for Earl — but it’s true. He’s pretty goddamn great. He’s not the best thing to come from Odd Future though... that’s obviously Frank Ocean, who has truly turned into an OH MY GOD/NEXT LEVEL/WTF musical force, but Earl’s good. I wish he’d expand sonically and dabble in some different textures because his music often sounds like mud, and I think it would be better if it was more dynamic, but yeah. He’ll either drop a classic or he’ll fade from view having dropped two semi-classics.

4. Because it’s not a Wu-Tang Clan album. It’s “Wu-Tang,” meaning it’s RZA and maybe one or two other members sometimes, doing a bunch of bullshit. There are SO MANY non-Wu-Tang Clan Wu-Tang albums. Seriously. Also I think everyone’s sick of their goddamn shit after A Better Tomorrow, and RZA is a caricature of himself, and their story is pretty much a tragedy at this point.

Plus they sold a goddamn album to a Big Pharmacy felon. Fuck that shit.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|