View Single Post
Old 01.08.2017, 09:47 AM   #20415
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
charlie kaufman's ANOMALISA

i don't wanna spoil this strange thing. it was very unusual and depressing and while it had its interesting aspects i didn't like it a whole lot. not saying it was bad either. it can either be a portrayal of mental illness or a critique of romantic delusions, depending on how you look at it, or just charlie kaufman exorcizing his usual obsessions.

also forgot to mention the other day watched SLEEPING WITH OTHER PEOPLE.

i know that's an appealing photo that might make you wanna see more, but it was only so-so.

i wanted a sex comedy and netflix sent this. but upon starting you realize-- this is not a sex comedy but a fucking rom com! and yet, if you don't turn it off right away it surprises you with being actually smart and well written and entertaining, so you keep watching and yeah it has funny parts, and there's a bit of fucking, and drug use, etc., and you say thank fuck for IFC providing tonight's grownup amusement.

but then, when you think you've arrived to the end of the interesting and funny movie with advertisements for nyc tourism, they glue on it another half an hour of cheese and absurd complications and romcom bullshit that doesn't need to be there. and that brings it back down to the level of the usual hollywood bullshit and "love" clichés. aghhh.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|