View Single Post
Old 06.25.2009, 08:17 PM   #23
dionysusundone
the end of the ugly

dionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneticKiss
Nine Inch Nails would be awesome if not for Trent Reznor's singing/lyrics.

He should just write music and have someone truly intelligent sing/write all the lyrics. Listen to the Natural Born Killers and Lost Highway soundtracks and you'll agree.

The Downward Spiral would be a masterpiece if not for stuff like:

"Nothing can stop me now/'Cuz I don't care anymore" - "Piggy"
"God is dead/And no one cares/If there is a hell/I'll see you there"- "Heresy"
"Take the skin and peel it back/Doesn't it make you feel better?"- "March of the Pigs"
"I want to fuck you like an animal/My whole existance is flawed/You get me closer to God" - I shouldn't have to tell anyone what song this is
"The ruiner's a collector/He's an infector/Serving shit to his flies" - "Ruiner"
"I want to be everywhere/I want to be to know everything/I want to fuck everyone in the world/I want to do something that matters" - "I Do Not Want This"
"I'm big man (yes I am)/And I've got a big gun/Got me a big 'ol dick/And I like to have fun" - "Big Man With A Gun"
"Oh my beautiful liar/Oh my precious whore/My disease, my infection/I am so impure" - "Reptile"
"I wear this crown of shit/Upon my liar's chair/Full of broken thoughts/I cannot repair" - I shouldn't have to tell anyone what song this is either

As for the whole NIN vs. Skinny Puppy thing, I used to be on floatingslowly's boat, but now I don't really care anymore. Sure, SP probably deserve more credit for introducing goth overtones to industrial music, but at the end of the day I like both bands, and I don't think Skinny Puppy themselves really care either.

Reznor's got an alright voice but I really do agree about the lyrics. He needs Bernie Taupin or whatever that dude's name is!
Yeah I don't think Puppy cares either considering they've worked with Trent on projects before. (I think)